Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 50 January 30th



            Why do I let my job and what the other people around me think affect me so much?  Everyone has a job, they have to, I’m told some people even like their jobs, and I don’t comprehend that at all.  Most of the people I know that “like” their jobs when asked if they would quit if they had enough money say yes.  This tells me that they are liars.  They are lying to themselves and they are lying to me.  If you wouldn’t do it if you didn’t need the money then how can you say that you actually enjoy what you are doing?  You can’t.  You work out of necessity just like most everyone else on the planet.  Now, if you can find your job tolerable and it’s the least horrible thing you can do for money then awesome, but that’s not the same as “liking” your job.
            What did any of that have to do with this diet I’m on or my health in general?  I don’t know but it did make me feel better to write it so that’s something, right? It doesn’t matter really since I’m mostly full of crap.
            Today was a long and mostly awful day full of meetings and paperwork.  I’ve recently come to the conclusion that I’m too close to my boss.  I have achieved a comfort level that has allowed me to talk to him in a way that maybe doesn’t show the proper amount of fear/respect one should show for their superiors.  We’re too familiar and it’s apparently getting in the way of work.  I need to back up and count to ten and think about things before I say them and try to keep our friendship to outside of work interaction.  We’ll see how that goes.
            I went to the track again today and walked 1.12 miles in a pathetic 22 min. time period and my legs still felt like they were going to fall off.  I don’t feel like I’ve lost any weight, but I haven’t weighed myself either since I’m afraid to find out.  I’ll go see the nutritionist on Friday and she’ll tell me something I’m sure.

Eric Anderson

P.S. Here’s what I ate on Day 50:
Breakfast: quinoa/egg casserole aka: quinoamelet
Lunch: sandwich, yogurt, nuts, and cheese
Snack: raw pumpkin and sunflower seeds and broccoli
Dinner: Pizza burger and broccoli

P.P.S. I’ve been trying to whittle down my 14,000+ digital picture library and I can’t seem to convince myself that just because I took the picture or my wife or kids are in them they are not necessarily gold.  I tend to take 15 shots of the same thing and try to pick out the, in my opinion, best one (I know what you’re thinking, anyone who has seen my pictures, that those are the best ones? Yes, yes they are) so that’s what’s going on with me anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment