Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 24 January 4th



            I woke up at 5:16AM again for the second day in a row.  It’s weird because I rarely ever wake up before my alarm and if I do it’s because the time changed or some other nonsense like that.  It really sucks to have an argument with yourself about whether or not it’s better to just get up or try to get 9 more minutes of sleep (I chose to split it and just lay there for 5 minutes and then got up and still bumped into things trying to get ready). 
            Today was an okay day diet wise, I wasn’t too hungry and even though it was still very difficult to swallow my sandwich, I managed and got on with my day.  I was sleepy all day, kept yawning while people tried to talk to me, It’s been the busiest two days of my life, I guess people really missed me over the holidays because everyone seems to feel the need to update me on their lives (when people ask how I’m doing, I direct them to this blog, most of them don’t have computers though).
            I went to bed an hour late tonight because my mom came over and we talked for a long time about the current issues in my life.  I’m really going to regret that in the morning. Oh well

Eric Anderson

P.S. here’s what I ate on Day 24:
Breakfast: Same as yesterday
Lunch: Same as yesterday (cinnamon in the yogurt is actually quite awesome, who knew?)
Snack: Same
Dinner: 2 Hamburger patties with mozz. Cheese and spaghetti sauce no olives (don’t ask why) and steamed broccoli

P.P.S. I get most of the healthier and weirder item I eat from Central Market or Sunflower Shoppe in Fort worth, TX, but a friend has recommended Town Talk in Fort Worth, which I will be checking out when I get a chance.  There are healthy options at wal mart or whatever local grocery store you happen to use, you just have to look really hard and pay close attention to the labels.

P.P.P.S.  The main reason eating healthier is more expensive is because buying foods without preservatives and healthy junk like that is more expensive because they don’t mass produce it.  In general, fruits and vegetables are more expensive than a box of Twinkies or potato chips.  Hamburger helper and mac and cheese are the easiest things to make and super cheap and totally horrible for you.  Free range eggs, goat’s milk, any meat without nitrates, and things of this nature tend to be more expensive, however the options now seem to be much better than they were 10 years ago, so that’s a plus.

P.P.P.P.S. I just wanted to see how many Ps I could get on this thing

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering my questions! It's not a bad thing that you are waking up before the alarm. I prefer that I do. I absolutely detest an alarm! Over the last several years I just started waking up when I needed to. The only time I oversleep (which is rare) is if I haven't gotten enough sleep during the night.

    Is it difficult to swallow your sandwich because you don't like the "bread"?

    So was the conversation with your Mom good? You don't have to go into details. Just wondering if you found it beneficial. If its a "divine appointment" (when God orchestrates the encounter) and it causes you loss of sleep, I have found that He helps me make it through the day and I'm not all that sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bread is really dry and crumbly and just hard to swallow. It tastes fine, it's not like it's disgusting just really dry.
    The conversation with my mom was okay, it left me with some issues that I still don't know how to resolve or understand. I don't understand why some people act the way that they do towards me. When I try to say something in, what I feel is, a well articulated argument they generally take away something that is not the point of what I was trying to say at all. If I say something then I don't mean something else, I'm not a puzzle for people to figure out. I will tell you what my problem is and that's all there is to it. People seem to want to interpret what I'm feeling and accuse me of attacking them. it's strange

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm...that is a bit strange but it isn't an impossible fix...just one that only God can take care of. There's hope for you! I believe!

    ReplyDelete