Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 44 January 24th




            I woke up sleepy after waking up like 10 times in the middle of the night (this is fairly recent for me…I’ve been sleeping all night since the breathing machine over a year ago [I need to get that thing looked at]).  I was pretty hungry this morning but it wasn’t overwhelming.  I feel pretty good this morning and I have a decent amount of energy (which is to say that I don’t feel like crap…right now…yet).  My ankles and legs are still kind of sore (what is that all about?) and that sucks.  I think I need to make myself go to the track every day but the problem is that every time I do this I’ll go every day until I make myself sick and then I’ll quit…forever.
            This morning I was walking around checking on things and I had a song stuck in my head but I couldn’t remember the name of the band.  This wouldn’t be a big deal but it was a band that I love and have loved since 2004 and I knew every word to the song.  I was straining my brain to remember the name of the band and it finally came to me but that can’t be good right? (it was the killers by the way…don’t judge me…they are awesome).  About 3 hours later I was telling a story about a coworker (someone that I’ve worked with for at least 5 years if not more) to one of my employees and I couldn’t remember his name but I could describe him and then I strained so hard that my head started to hurt right behind my forehead and I finally remembered.  These have to be symptoms of something horrible, right? Also, some evidence of my brain damage is that I titled the last to posts here the 22st and the 23st (what is that all about?)(also, they have been corrected now).  I need a brain scan or something.
            It’s 11:41 right now, at 11:15 I started feeling awful and my whole body just started hurting.  This has got to be a blood sugar thing…or something like that…I don’t think depression just hits for no reason at certain times of the day…does it?
            I ate lunch and felt better for a couple of hours and then I crashed again…hard…this sucks…time for some more raw broccoli.  Alright, I feel better now.  Maybe I need to carry around a bag of raw broccoli with me everywhere I go (gross).  It’s raining…should I attempt going to the track in the rain?  It would probably be bad for my iPhone (which I use to track my movements along with the Nike sensor in my shoe)
            I decided not to go to the track in the rain, partly because it’s winter, and mostly because I’m lazy (and tired…and I feel gross…everywhere). We got home and played with the kids for a little while then ate dinner (at a table…together…this is pretty new for us, but I like it).  After dinner we sat down to watch a DVRed episode of HOUSE.  In the first 5 minutes a dude couldn’t remember the name of the can opener but he knew how to describe what it did.  I was like; hey that same thing happened to me today.  That guy had Alzheimer’s.  I know what you’re thinking, that’s just a TV show…a TV show based in some reality…I know that I’m too young to have Alzheimer’s except in pretty rare cases but these things still scare me and I still don’t know what’s wrong with me.

Eric Anderson

P.S. Here’s what I ate on Day 44:
Breakfast: same
Lunch: same (new bread though, still gross)
Dinner: Chicken and broccoli

P.P.S. I can’t remember what I was going to write here.

No comments:

Post a Comment