Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 8 December 19th Part Two (the diet part)



                        Okay, let’s talk about how I’m feeling today.  Tired, sleepy, hungry, thirsty, and I don’t know if it’s paranoia but I feel like my headache is already coming back.  I’ll try not to think about it.  It occurs to me that I never explained why I quit taking the melatonin.  I’m trying to reduce the amounts of supplements I take and I don’t want to rely on a drug to help me sleep.  I know it’s not really a drug, but you know what I mean.  I’m down to 3 supplements and one prescribed drug.  I take a multi vitamin, a magnesium supplement (apparently magnesium is crazy important), niacin, and a blood pressure medicine (which the nutritionist thinks she can get me off of if I stick to the horrible diet).
            I felt like I was starving today, but not starving enough to eat any more vegetables.  Raw vegetables are hard for me to eat.  I want something salty and with texture, broccoli feels like balled up grass in my mouth.  I know I’ve done this to myself.  The parade of Christmas treats continues today.  Someone carried a basket of assorted cookies, brownies and candies around to everyone handing out whatever they wanted.  At least I’ve convinced them not to ask me anymore, but it’s still hard to watch.
            My headache came back really strong tonight, but I’m still going to hold out on going back on the meds.  There has to be a natural way to get rid of this thing, right?  We’ll see how tomorrow goes I guess.

Eric Anderson

P.S. Here’s what I ate on Day 8:
Breakfast: same as always
Moroccan mint green tea w/ yerba mate`
Lunch: same as yesterday plus 2 oz. of raw almonds and pecans, yogurt w/ stevia and blueberries.
Dinner: same as yesterday

P.P.S. Crazy, I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a round room, a round rubber room with a couch, a round couch, a round rubber couch, and it had rats round rats, round rubber rats, I hate rats, rats make me crazy, Crazy, I was crazy once…

P.P.P.S. they put me in a round room and told me to sit in the corner, it’s a round room, there are no corners, where am I supposed to sit?

2 comments:

  1. Your PPS's made me laugh! I presume these are movie lines? Loved your description of eating raw broccoli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first one I actually got from cory lynch when we were younger and the second is a line from Saturday Night Live

    ReplyDelete