Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 30 January 10th



            Day 30 is almost like a milestone or something right? It’s the average length of a month, it’s a nice round number and I’m feeling pretty great today.  I don’t know why or how to explain what this feeling is.  I don’t understand it or where it came from (I have a couple of theories).  It feels like smiling on the inside (this is an extremely rare feeling for me and it doesn’t ever last…uh oh I’m starting to get depressed again…no stop it, I want to be happy).  Here are my three theories that may have something to do with this feeling or may have nothing to do with this feeling but I guess that’s why there call theories. 
Theory 1.  I’ve been talking to my little youngest brother (he’s like 22 or something so I guess he’s a grown ass man at this point) for the last couple days about writing and things or this nature and just the idea of writing something gets me a little excited (that’s before reality reminds me that I’m tired…and there’s a new season of Justified starting in a couple of weeks…that’ll take up some time).  Also, I really miss my brother because he moved far away (1 ½ hours…not that far I suppose).  So it’s nice to talk to him about something that we are both passionate about.
Theory 2.  I started writing again (it’s been two months) on my other blog two days ago and telling the world how much I hate football made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (http://realericanderson.blogspot.com/2012/01/people-keep-telling-me-that-i-need-to.html)  Maybe my brain needs to get thoughts out so that it can move on to something else.  I know that this blog is important and necessary for my continued dieting “success”, but occasionally it gets a little boring and it’s really hard for me to stay on topic (that topic being weight loss and healthy eating…which I rarely talk about…sorry).  Someone actually suggested that I change the title of the blog the “Eric and His Mental and Physical Health” (which is better than my alternate title “Eric is a whiney bitch who whines too much about his stupid problems that are stupid” [and it’s shorter too])
Theory 3.  Maybe my body is getting used to the diet and it is making me feel better (fingers crossed).
Theory 4.  I did get 30 extra minutes of sleep last night and that could have been it.
Theory 5.  I just found out that the new shins album comes out on March 20, first one since winter of 2007.  I don’t care if you care, it makes me happy
Theory 6.  It’s none of these things or actually all of these things combined or a brain tumor.
Well, there are my theories about my unexplained happiness this morning, let’s hope it holds for the rest of the day.  Nope it didn’t…not really, I’m back to being depressed again and annoyed at everything again.  I weighed myself and I haven’t lost a pound this year so far…Whatever.  After lunch today I tried to get some work done but I kept getting distracted by employees and meetings and other things that I guess were technically work but not the work that I needed to get done.  Oh well, I just need to focus on getting things done before I get in trouble.  My brain really hates me.  Also, my stomach and chest are hurting a lot more than usual do to, what I can only guess is, stress.  I’m putting a ton of pressure on myself to do something with my life that isn’t as meaningless as all of this (maybe not a lot of pressure…I guess I could stop watching so much television) (TV is easy though and writing is hard for me because of my brain damage, see: http://realericanderson.blogspot.com/2011/11/eric-and-his-typical-sunday-morning.html, http://realericanderson.blogspot.com/2011/11/eric-and-social-anxiety-or-eric-and-his.html, and http://realericanderson.blogspot.com/2012/01/eric-and-add-or-eric-and-his-damaged.html)
            I don’t know what time I’m going to bed tonight because I’m finishing this right after dinner instead of waiting until morning, if anything interesting happens between now and morning I guess it will go on tomorrow’s post (don’t get your hopes up)

Eric Anderson

P.S. Here’s what I ate on Day 30:
Breakfast: same as it ever is
Lunch: same as yesterday
Dinner: baked chicken and steamed broccoli                                                               

P.P.S. If anyone has ever posted a comment on any of my posts let me know if you’ve seen my responses because I have responded exactly 83.4% of the time and I would hate to hear that you haven’t been seeing my wonderful words.

P.P.P.S. “42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot”-Steven Wright

P.P.P.P.S. “happiness is not a fish that you can catch”-Our Lady Peace album title (I know it’s weird)

2 comments:

  1. #6, that's great... :D blogger should let people know when comments have been responded to. I sometimes respond to comments, but I know the person who commented will never get notified and so it just feels like rejection all around. Stupid Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on making it one month! Very glad you are having a "happy moment". My hope and prayer is that they will turn into happy hours, days, weeks...you get the idea. I am glad you are writing again! Oh...you nailed me...need to go back to see if you commented on my comments!

    ReplyDelete