Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 8 December 19th Part One



            I only got 6 hours of sleep last night, but that’s okay because I got 9 ½ the night before (that’s how sleep works, right?).  I decided to quit taking 2 doctor prescribed medications and 1 self-prescribed medication last night. First, the self-prescribed, melatonin is something that helps you sleep.  I’ve been taking it for like 9 months, just because I thought I needed it, maybe I don’t, we’ll see.  Now for the 2 doctor prescribed medications.
            The first is the muscle relaxer, I’ve been taking it for about 5 months because of these headaches I have that the doctor can’t think of any other way to get rid of.  The medication works really well at getting rid of my headaches but it makes me super tired and way less productive (and that’s hard to imagine).  For the last 5 months I’ve felt better but I’ve been in a daze and now I’m just going to try to live with the headaches for a while.  This is a choice I have to make to keep myself employed.  I don’t know if my boss can take much more of “hazy, unmotivated, and even lazier than before” Eric.
            The second is a bit more controversial; apparently, if Facebook’s response is any indication I’m going to die. I’ve decided, without a doctor’s recommendation, to quit taking Prozac (although it’s generic, so it’s just called fluoxetine).  I’m quitting it because the only reason I was ever on it was because the doctor thought it would help with my motivation to lose weight.  It didn’t help with that at all and I don’t feel like spending $15 I don’t have every month for something that isn’t working.  Also, the nutritionist I saw on the 7th was very upset about me doing that to my brain.  I know that, having been on it for a little over a year, there are some possible negative side effects that I may have to look forward to, but I have a pretty observant group of people around me that will notice if I try to off myself (or anyone else for that matter).
            Well, I guess this is part one of today’s diet journal, even though this has nothing to do with my diet.  Part two, the diet part, will be posted tomorrow.

Eric Anderson
            

No comments:

Post a Comment