Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 78-79 February 27th-28th (early morning)



            On my way to work this morning (I had to drive because my wife is having surgery [not real surgery, she’s just getting her tubes tied]) I was unintentionally listening to the local (Dallas/fort worth) Christian music station (the wife listens to it in the car because when she’s listening to the edge and NIN comes on, even though she really wants to rock out like it’s 1996, she changes it because the kids are in the car and they don’t need to hear that) and is this the best that Christian music has to offer us? Really? It’s very…how do you say…bad horrible awful poppy (is that the correct spelling of the word that I intended to use?).  It’s just a thought I had on the way to this place.
            I finally made it to the track last night (the 27th) and walked around that thing 5 times (four as fast as I could at a pathetic 21 minutes and one as slow as humanly possible without falling down because I felt like I was dying and that last lap might have also taken 21 minutes but I don’t know because I stopped timing).  I hate the track, it is evil, it is there just to taunt and laugh at me along with the 15 or so children (15-17 years old at best) that were loitering around in the field and stands area (I couldn’t actually hear what they were doing because I had headphones in but I’m sure it wasn’t good).  My new shoes did not help me as much as I thought they would and I think they might have even hurt me a little bit.  It seemed like it was hard for me to balance and land every step in the appropriate position and it felt like it was putting undo strain on my ankles. I don’t know. Hopefully I’ll be able to make myself do this more often, but I feel like there will be plenty of good excuses not to in the near future.
            I wasn’t super hungry today; I forced myself to eat raw broccoli, tomatoes, and celery even though I have grown to hate those things.  I did eat crackers last night but that was only because I went to the track and a promise is a promise.  I feel pretty tired this morning and also annoyed, let’s see how this day goes.

Eric Anderson

P.S. I didn’t take my blood pressure medicine last night because I ran out and I didn’t get any more for reasons beyond my control and I’m pretty sure that the universe is conspiring to kill me this morning.  Every single little thing that can go wrong is going wrong and I can tell that today is going to suck…so so so much.

P.P.S. I know that there are better Christian bands than the contemporary crap they play on that station so please don’t get mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment