Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 65-71 February 14th-20th



            Okay, I guess I should apologize…again to the 3 people that read this thing (sorry Charlotte, Valerie and what’s-her-name [you know who you are…or maybe not, I don’t know]) for not ever updating it anymore.  I don’t know why I haven’t done it.  I have not reasonable explanation as I had more energy and felt better than usual all last week (which isn’t to say that I’m at 100% [I still think there’s something pretty bad wrong with me, but I can’t prove it so every night I cross my fingers and hope I wake up in the morning {nights are the worst}]).  What would happen is that I would miss the first day and then I would think about writing but I would say that I have to write the day before and then it all piles up.  I’m not going to go day by day on this thing because mostly they all run together.  Let’s go in sections instead.

Dreams
            I’ve been having weirder and weirder dreams lately, mostly I can’t remember them other than a feeling that something weird happened (no, I’m not going to start a dream journal).  There are two that stand out as being particularly weird or at the very least traumatic.  The first falls into that latter category.  I dreamt that I woke up and my iPhone had deep grooves carved into it and I had no idea how it had happened, then I remembered that I went out drinking the night before (something I’ve never done [I drink alone…in shame {except for this one awkward thanksgiving at my mother’s house…you don’t want to know}]) and I guess me and the group I was with thought it would be fun to carve into our phones.  That dream was stupid, but it scared the crap out of me.  The second is weirder.
            I don’t know why but in my dream I was in charge or responsible for something within my family (my parent’s family) because I was the first born and it was my “birthright” (I don’t even know what that means).  My mom took this responsibility away from me because I had lost “favor” with God or something to that affect.  I don’t know what this responsibility was but she effectively disowned me.  I was quite upset about this and told her that she couldn’t see the kids anymore and my wife looked at me like she thought I was overreacting.  My mom didn’t seem to care that she couldn’t see the kids anymore because she felt like she was doing what God wanted her to do so there’s no way she could be wrong about this decision no matter what the consequences.  Then we left and I woke up.  It was quite disconcerting.  I don’t know if it’s the diet or what but I’ve never remembered so many dreams in my life.

Diet
            I went all week last week without eating any extra carbs.  I ate a bunch of nuts and seeds and whatnot (you know, good fats), but I don’t feel like I’ve lost a single pound.  I haven’t weighed myself, but I just have a feeling like I haven’t lost anything.  I bought some new shoes so now I don’t have an excuse not to go to the track.  I’m growing a little tired with all of the pills I take every day (cleansing is hard), not to mention some of the foods I’ve been eating every day.

Goals 
Here’s a list of my goals this week, hopefully setting a deadline will motivate me to do something:
Go to the track at least twice before next Monday (the 27th)
Update this blog every day or at least every other day (I’m already bargaining)
Write something fiction (anything…at all…doesn’t matter how long it is…anything)
Read 5 chapters of a book…any book…just do it…that’s a really low number of chapters…come on

            Well, that’s the end of this update

Eric Anderson

P.S. Here’s what I ate all of those days that I didn’t talk to you:
Same things every day that I always eat, plus we ate some more fish and it wasn’t awful (I don’t get me)

P.P.S.  Happy Valentine’s and/or President’s Day(s)
            

No comments:

Post a Comment