Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 85 March 5th



            Today was a super stressful and completely draining day and the last thing I wanted to do was go to the track, but I did it anyway.  I was not feeling it at all even when I was on the track I was trying to make excuses to just quit and even though I pushed myself as hard as I could I felt that it wasn’t my usual push.  The track was crazy crowded but that’s cool because it’s easier to get lost in a crowd and at least pretend that no one is paying any attention to me.  There was a group of “boot camp” exercisers that were moving around from the stands (running up and down the steps) to the side field by the track (looked like jumping jacks) to the fence (weird stretching exercises) and so on, but at one point they all decided to stand in the middle of the track taking up 6 of the 8 lanes walking in a spread out formation doing some kind of cabaret style leg kicks and walking super slowly and blocking the crowd of people who were trying to mostly run (some of us were walking though).  I realize that they have as much right to exercise on the track as everyone else but when they blocked the lanes I and several other people had to just stop and wait while all the runners were funneled into the tiny hole that those selfish women so graciously left for us.  Okay, I’m done.  That was lap 3 of the 8 (part of the crucial first 4 when I “push” myself as hard as I can).  It took me 46 minutes to do a tiny bit over 8 laps so I’m not improving but it does still tire me right out so that counts for something, right?
            As far as the diet goes, I ate a tiny bit of crackers that I had left over from last week (about ¼ of a box) and I’m not buying anymore because that money is designated for the Shakeology that’s in the mail (fingers crossed that it’s not a scam).  My buddy Lori says it’s the awesomest thing that has ever happened to her in her entire life so that’s cool but I have tried thousands of the “awesomest” things in other people’s lives over the years and they rarely ever benefit me much if any (hope it works, I’m keeping an open mind, but I am extremely skeptical).  I’m going to give it a month and the first week won’t count because the first week of every new supplement I believe that my life has been permanently changed for the better (so look out for a week 2 review, I’ll probably start this thing on Monday just to have a clear starting point on a work day and not a weekend.  I’ll let you know how that goes

Eric Anderson

P.S. After my walk yesterday I was the hungriest I have been in a really long time, I was so hungry that I was sure that I was about to throw up and I had a headache.  I ate some Fage (Fa-Yeh) yogurt (that stuff is freaking awesome) and that helped a little bit but it wasn’t the same as a pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment