Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 80 February 29th



            So I woke up this morning (obviously) and I was feeling pretty tired and sore all the way from my mid back down, but I figured that’s a good thing, right?  Although I don’t think that any human being should feel this awful just from walking in circles I know that it’s got to be done…or does it? Yes…or no? (This could go on forever).  With all my tired and soreness I still have more energy in different ways that I can’t really explain…I guess alertness is the word.  The foggy brain seems to have gone away a little bit, but not from the exercise because it was on its way out last week and I just didn’t say anything.  My body still feels awful (apparently I want both things to function properly…blah blah blah)
            I wrote a blog post this morning where I promised that I would go to the track 21 days in a row (what the crap is wrong with me? Why do I hate me so much?). I immediately regretted it but it’s out there so I went again tonight even though I felt like some sort of sickness was coming over me (are you happy, brain?)  I again walked a 21 minute mile (4 laps) which really sucks because I felt like I was pushing myself harder and getting more out of breath than the first 2 days (according the graph at Nike’s website I started out slower and pushed myself more at the end).  I don’t think I could have gone any faster because I was already having a mild asthma attack (I left the inhaler at home because I’m smart that way).  I know that I shouldn’t get discouraged or whatever and as long as it’s causing me serious physical pain then it’s working (that seems kind of sick to me).
            As far as the diet goes I was so so so so so hungry today.  I don’t know how to fix this (Nike said I burned 287 calories and I’m sure I more than made up for that with my crackers).  I know that if I let myself get too hungry I will cease to function as a “productive” member of society (some would argue I was never a productive member of anything).  I know I’m not supposed to be worrying about fat and calories, just carbs.  I probably need to stop buying those crackers…I’ll weigh myself on Monday and see if this walking has helped at all and then reevaluate the situation.

Eric Anderson

P.S. I’ve been told that I should be taking credit for the “cool down” lap because it is still technically a lap that I actually walked from one place to another with my actual legs.  Soooo, I guess I’ve walked 5 laps every day (so far) this week. Yay? This brings me to 3 of 21…ugh

P.P.S. want to hear something corny? Too bad.  Why is it called house training when you try to teach a dog not to go in the house but potty training when you try to teach a child to go in the potty?  I know I’m dumb.  This is what happens when my focus comes back. Sorry

P.P.P.S. Happy Leap Day!!!!!  Go out and murder a clown because today it doesn’t count. (that’s two references to hilarious things I saw last week…you figure it out)

P.P.P.P.S. I posted this the day after leap day because I don’t really want any clowns to be murdered (although they kind of deserve it)

P.P.P.P.P.S. I just wanted to see how many of these I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment